There is no "easy" feat in the querying process. You've sent a batch of query letters out to your selected literary agents, and now - the wait. Don't sit around playing tidily-winks (as my dad used to say). Don't check your email every five minutes - it will drive you crazy. So what to do?
- Go for a walk. When was the last time you saw the sky?
- Visit family and friends. No, your computer is not the only interaction you need.
- Clean house. The dust is piling up on those end tables.
- Review, Re-edit, Revise. Every time you go over your manuscript, chances are you'll find something. A misspelled word. A forgotten word. A missing word. A duplicated word.
- Begin a new story. There are dozens flying through your mind. Aspiring authors are never at a loss for ideas.
Move on to the next project while you wait for agent replies. Keep those creative juices flowing.